Snowflake Premium equine wood pellets are made from UK sourced 100% virgin softwood. The wood is compressed to form a pellet using only lignin which is naturally found in the wood to bind them.
Wood pellets make a lovely, warm fluffy bed that is very absorbent, being able to soak up to 3 times their volume in water, locking in odours too. The pellets are fully biodegradable and rot down quickly on the muck heap into a rich compost.
The clean, green, economical and easy to use alternative to traditional wood based equestrian bedding.
How to use Snowflake Equine Pellets
A clean, green, economical and easy to use alternative to traditional wood based equestrian bedding.
Directions for use:
1. For a new bed, lay flat between 6 – 10 bags onto the stable floor. Additional bags will be required if your stable does not have rubber matting.
2. Carefully cut open each bag and pour over approximately half a bucket of water onto the pellets.
3. Wait 10 minutes for the pellets to absorb the water and expand.
4. Empty the bedding from each bag onto the floor and rake through with a fork.
5. Spread the bedding evenly along the stable floor to create the bed. Additional bedding may be used to make banks if required.
6. To muck out, simply remove the solids and any wet patches each day.
7. Add additional bedding as required. The pellets can be activated with water before adding to the bed or if your horse is particularly wet, add straight from the bag. An average bed needs an additional bag of pellets to top up each week.